It has been snowing so much lately, it has been the most snow I have ever seen! We probably got 5 feet of snow this winter and because it has been snowing a lot I have been inside and painting a lot. One day my mom was on Etsy and she was looking at watercolor silhouettes and I thought that they looked super pretty so I wanted to try to paint them. Today I am going to teach you how to paint these and at the bottom there will be a video if you would rather watch that than read the instructions.
Here are a few things you will need to paint:
watercolor paper or cardstock
silhouette printed from your computer
- The first thing you should do is find a picture silhouette you can trace, you can go on to google and just type in for example: “disney princess silhouette” and it will pull up the silhouettes. Print out one of those on normal printer paper.
- You can just put the silhouette behind the piece of watercolor paper and put it to the window so you can trace the silhouette.
- Pick out three colors or more and trace your silhouette with those three colors with the colored pencils color in small spaces that your brush can not reach easily.
- With a wet brush, brush water inside the silhouette then take your first color of watercolor and paint it on if it does not spread on the wet paper, then add a little more water. Keep on doing that with your colors until the silhouette is finished.
- If you would like to have speckles on your paper get some watercolors on your brush and tap your brush so that it will splatter. Let it dry and you are done!